This page informs you how SOLTILO GSA International School (hereinafter referred to as SGIS) manages personal information collected in accordance with this following policy. The terms used in this policy are defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Personal Information Protection Act) and related laws and regulations.
1. Management of personal information
For this policy, personal information held by SGIS means the information provided by students or their parents/guardians orally, in written form, or through a form on the SGIS’s website, or information obtained in the course of daily operations. Information voluntarily provided by student or their parents/guardians when the student or their parents/guardians personally contacts SGIS staff during or outside the school hours is not considered to be information managed by SGIS. ( Refer to Article 9)
2. Purpose of use of personal information
(1) SGIS will use personal information for any of the following purposes or for any other purpose that is clearly stated. We will not use personal information for any other purpose unless the person has given his or her consent or is permitted by law. If the purpose of the use is changed, SGIS will notify the person or make a public announcement on SGIS’s website or otherwise.
1. For operations related to student recruitment and enrollment.
2. For student records management
3. For keeping track of student’s health
4. For contacting parents/guardians.
5. For communication with students or parents/guardians about a schedule for classes
6. For offering information about services (newsletters, campaigns, surveys, etc.)
7. For providing information on services that SGIS provides.
8. For marking exams and analysis exam results.
9. For accurately understanding and responding to opinions and inquiries about services.
10. To analyze customer trends and researching product developments.
11. For confirming the identity of a student when responding to a request to disclose personal information.
12. For communication and response when an emergency such as a disaster occurs.
13. For collecting late fees and other charges for service use.
(2) SGIS will seek the prior consent of the individual, except in the case of the Personal Information Protection Act, Article16 Paragraph 3, when there is a need to use personal information for purposes other than those described in this policy.
3. Protection and management of personal information
SGIS recognizes the importance of handling personal information, and establishes this policy and implements the following items to guarantee the rights of students and parents/guardians regarding personal information.
1. SGIS will comply with the Personal Information Protection Law and related laws and regulations.
2. To prevent the risk of leakage, loss, damage, or falsification of personal information, SGIS will implement reasonable security measures in terms of technology and organization.
3. For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, SGIS will set up an information desk to respond swiftly and sincerely and resolve it.
4. To ensure proper handling of personal information, SGIS will periodically review the information security system and continuously improve.
4. Provision and sharing of personal information to third parties
(1) In principle, SGIS will not provide or share personal information with a third party without the prior consent of the individual. However, the following cases are excluded.
1. In the case of joint use prescribed in Article 5.
2. When prescribed in each item of Article 23, Paragraph 3 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
3. In case of taking necessary action, including legal action, against students or parents/guardians’ violation of SGIS rules.
4. When disclosure is requested by a court warrant or a valid order from a public institution such as police following laws and regulations.
5. When other legal requirements are met.
(2) When SGIS provides personal information to a third party*1 located in a foreign country*2, SGIS will obtain consent for the provision of personal information following this policy except for cases falling under each item of Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
*1 Exception are those who have a system in place to comply with the standards set by the Personal Information Protection Commission rules for handling personal data.
*2 Exceptions are countries stipulated by the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as foreign countries at the same level as Japan in protecting individual rights and benefits.
5. Sharing of personal information with business partners
To provide more effective education to each student, SGIS is working with partner companies. Therefore, SGIS will share personal information within the following range. SGIS will make every effort to manage personal information strictly for joint use, so please understand it.
(1) Scope of personal information to be shared
Name, gender, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, records created by SGIS during the student’s enrollment. However, consideration of personal information (Personal Information Protection Law, Article 2, paragraph 3) is excluded.
(2) Scope of joint users
SOLTILO GSA, Inc. and its related companies, and education providers who have a relationship with SGIS and whose students, or parents/guardians intend to use their services.
For a list of partner businesses, please check here.-Global Step Academy, Inc.-SOLTILO Child Care Center, Inc. SGIS will not provide personal information to partner businesses that have no contact with students or parents/guardians.
(3) Purpose of use
1. To provide services such as curriculum design, provision of advance information to SGIS staff, and analysis of test results
2. To provide information on services (newsletters, campaigns, surveys, etc.)
3. Analysis of customer trends and surveys and analysis for product development.
(4) The party responsible for the management of personal data
SOLTILO GSA, Inc.
(5) Records of the partner companies at the time of service provision will also be shared with SGIS to provide better services.
6. Accuracy of personal information
Students or their parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring that their personal information is accurate and up-to-date at the time it is provided.
7. Request for disclosure
(1) In the case of a request for disclosure of retained personal data, SGIS will disclose it to the person concerned, except when there is a possibility that it will seriously hinder the proper execution of business.
(2) If there is a request for correction, addition, or deletion of the retained personal information, SGIS will make a necessary investigation and make corrections based on this investigation result.
(3) If there is a request for suspension or deletion of retained personal information or suspension of provision to a third party, if it is found that there is a legitimate reason for the request, SIGS will stop using the retained personal information.
(4) Requests for disclosure as specified in the preceding paragraphs are accepted at the information desk in Article 11.
8. Use of photographs in brochures, websites.
When using photographs taken in SGIS in brochures and websites, the following points must be strictly observed by SGIS.
(1) If a photograph is to be posted in which an individual can be identified, the consent of the individual will be obtained.
(2) In case of a request from the person to correct or discontinue posting the photograph, SGIS will take action promptly.
As provided in Article 1, the information personally provided by students and parents/guardians to SGIS staff is not the personal information held by SGIS, so it does not correspond to the personal information that is protected and managed by this policy. Therefore, SGIS will not be responsible for any leakage of such information.
10. Changes to this policy
Unless otherwise provided by law, SGIS will reserve the right to change the Policy from time to time by making a public notice on SGIS website without the prior consent of the individual.
11. Contact information for complaints, inquiries, and disclosure requests regarding the handling of personal information.
SOLTILO GSA International School